This recipe is one that my mother often made for us when I was growing up in Atlanta. I always looked forward to coming home from school on those days because the house smelled so incredibly delicious. This recipe is one of the absolute easiest dinners you can make. Simply put all the ingredients into the crockpot in the morning, set it on low for 8 hours, and dinner is served!
- 1 lb of ground turkey - browned in a skillet
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 small can of roasted and chopped green chiles
- 1 can of stewed or crushed tomatoes
- 1 large can of crushed pureed tomatoes
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 can hot chili beans, undrained
- 1 packet of chili seasoning (I choose hot but you can go mild if you want)
- 1 T. siracha
- light sour cream (optional)
- shredded chedder cheese (optional)
- In a large skillet, brown the ground turkey. Once brown, add packet of chili seasoning to the meat and mix well. Let cook for 1 minute.
- Transfer meat into crockpot.
- Add onion, green chiles, crushed tomatoes, pureed tomatoes, black beans, garbanzo beans, hot chili beans, and siracha. Mix well.
- Set crockpot to low for 8 hours.
- Serve with shredded chedder cheese and sour cream on top if you wish.