|Crockpot Chicken Stew|
Step 1: Chop all your veggies and throw them in the crockpot!
Step 2: Add your spices and mix well.
Step 3: Add chicken to the crockpot. Cover with chicken broth.
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1" chunks
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 c. yellow onion, chopped
- 3 small yellow potatoes, chopped
- 1 c. frozen corn
- 1 c. frozen peas
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 3 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth, separated
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 t. thyme
- 1/2 t. sage
- 1/2 t. oregano
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/4 t. black pepper
- Put celery, carrots, onion, potato and garlic in the slow cooker. Add spices and mix well.
- Add chicken and mix well.
- Add 3 1/2 c. chicken broth.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- With a spoon, take out 1/2 c. liquid from the crockpot. In another small bowl, mix with 1/4 c. flour until there are no lumps. Add this thickened mixture to stew and mix well. Add corn and peas. Let the stew cook on low for another 20-30 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves and serve.