Thursday, December 26, 2013

Our Chicken Enchiladas


Since this is the first post of the blog, I thought I'd start with a nostalgic one. This is the first meal that Seth ever cooked for me so whenever I think about these enchiladas, I smile. When Seth and I had first started dating, he suggested that he would come over and we could cook dinner together. This chicken enchilada recipe is one of the ways he stole my heart. I was so impressed by how thoughtful he was to go to the store and get all the ingredients and then of course, I thought it was kinda sexy the way he took charge in the kitchen. I hope you enjoy! 

Seth's "First Date" Chicken Enchiladas Recipe

Ingredients:
  • 2 chicken breasts, shredded and chilled
  • 1 12 oz. botttle of Trader Joes red enchilada sauce
  • 1 pkg. Blue corn tortillas
  • 1 c. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 1/2 c. scallions, chopped
Directions: 

  • In a 9x13 casserole dish, layer the bottom of the dish with enchilada sauce.
  • Place a small handful of chicken into each tortilla and roll them up, place them in the pan with the seam facing down. 
  • Pour enchilada sauce over top of the rolled tortillas and sprinkle with cheese
  • Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 20-25  minutes, uncovered. 
  • Garnish with chopped scallions. 
  • Let cool for 5 minutes and serve.

  • Weight Watchers Points: TBD!


    No comments:

    Post a Comment