Well this chicken pot pie was a hit! Seth's dad came into town for a visit over New Year's and we had this for dinner with a spinach salad on the side and it was deeee-licious.
This recipe is so easy because it uses a variation of my Crockpot Chicken Stew as the filling and puff pastry as the crust.
Here's the secret... make my chicken stew recipe and set aside 4 cups for the chicken pot pie (don't worry, you'll still have plenty to eat for lunches or other meals since the recipe makes 10 cups of stew).
- 4 cups Crockpot Chicken Stew
- 1/2 c. light sour cream
- 1 pkg. puff pastry
- 1 egg
- Thaw puff pastry according to directions on package
- Place one sheet in bottom of 8" or 9" square casserole dish and press along the insides walls of the dish
- Cover with foil (against the dough not just over the dish) and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix 4 cups of chicken stew with sour cream (this is your filling)
- Pastry should be golden brown when it comes out of the oven, add filling to casserole dish and then create your lattice work top crust
- Take the 2nd sheet of puff pastry dough and cut it into 10 or 11 even strips. Create a lattice work top.
- Brush with egg wash (mix 1 egg with 1 T. water to create an egg wash)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until top is golden brown and bubbling
Yields: 9 servings
Weight Watchers Points, per serving: 9